It’s inexpensive, natural and environmentally friendly, tough on bacteria, mildew, dirt and odors. You may be wondering how one product can accomplish so much; even more surprising is it is a common household product most of us already have in our homes. It’s time to unleash the versatility of vinegar and the many ways to use it to clean in and around your home. American Hometown Services has provided house cleaning, janitorial and facility maintenance expertise for homes and businesses throughout Illinois, Iowa and Missouri since 1985. The relationship we build with our clients is very important to us. We take a proactive approach, working with you to recognize your requirements and developing strategies that are efficient and cost effective.
The expert and highly trained cleaning technicians at American Hometown Services have provided the following list of versatile ways you can use vinegar to clean around your home:
• Remove coffee stains for mugs – gently scrub stains with equal parts of white distilled vinegar and baking soda.
• Sanitize cutting boards – spray with straight white vinegar, then rinse clean.
• Eliminate odors – wipe the inside of plastic food storage containers and lids with a cloth dampened with vinegar.
• Quick microwave cleanup – Fill a small bowl with equal parts water and white distilled vinegar, and place in microwave on high for 5 minutes. As the steam fills the microwave, it will loosen any food particles and make clean up quick and easy. Plus the vinegar tackles any odors.
• Fruit and veggie wash – add two tablespoons white distilled vinegar to one pint of water. Wash fruit and vegetables in the vinegar and then rinse thoroughly. The solution kills pesticide residue.
• Unclog blocked drains naturally – Pour one cup of baking soda, followed by one cup of white vinegar down the drain. Allow the products to bubble and foam, wait 15 minutes, then flush the pipes with a pot of boiling water.
• Combat static cling – Add ½ cup of white distilled vinegar to your wash cycle. The acid in the vinegar reduces static and keeps lint from sticking to your clothes.
• Banish litter box odor – Cat litter can leave behind an unpleasant smell. Pour ½ inch of white distilled vinegar into an empty litter box. Allow to stand for 20 minutes, and then rinse well with water.
• Toilet bowl sanitizer and ring remover – Pour a cup of white vinegar in the toilet and let sit overnight. The following morning, sprinkle with baking soda or borax; scrub and flush.
• Showerhead cleanup – Pour some vinegar into a small plastic freezer bag and secure it to your showerhead with a twist-tie. Make sure there is enough vinegar in the bag to cover the bottom part of the showerhead to ensure it is fully submerged. Leave the bag overnight and remove the next morning. The vinegar will remove the mineral build up.
Residential House Cleaning & Commercial Janitorial Services in Hamilton IL
Contact American Hometown Services today and speak with a customer service representative about our residential house cleaning services and our commercial janitorial services and receive a free competitive quote on your next cleaning project. American Hometown Services can handle all of your cleaning needs from a one-time service call to an ongoing maintenance program for homes and facilities of all sizes and types.