If you have pets in your home, you know that it takes a little extra work to keep your home clean. No matter how lovable they are, they are bound to leave messes behind every now and then. When you are faced with a mess left by a pet, you want to make sure there are no lingering odors in your carpet fibers. This can leave you home smelling less than desirable. American Hometown Services is here to share some tips to help you get rid of any lingering pet odors that could be hiding out in your carpet fibers.
How Do You Neutralize Pet Odor Naturally?
More and more people are looking for natural ways to clean their home. When it comes to getting rid of lingering pet odors in your carpet, there are some natural approaches that can be quite effective. Here are some household items you may have already to help you get rid of any odor.
– Baking Soda: Baking soda is one of those miracle household cleaners. It can be helpful in removing stains and spills of all kinds. It is also a great deodorizer. When your pet has an accident on your carpet, you can clean up the stain initially with baking soda and can also use it to remove odor. Once you have cleaned up the accident and the carpet has dried, you can generously sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and let it sit overnight. Once it has had a chance to do its magic, simply vacuum it up and you’re done.
– Vinegar: Vinegar is another great deodorizer that most people already have in their pantry. Mix a small amount of vinegar with water in a spray bottle. Gently spritz the area with the mixture and allow it to dry. As it dries, the smell of the vinegar and your pet will disappear.
How to Keep Pet Odors Away
Once you have gotten rid of lingering odors, the last thing you want is for them to return. You can take initiative and ensure this doesn’t happen.
– Groom your pet often to eliminate the amount of dander that makes its way into your carpet fibers. Regular grooming can help keep odors at bay in your home.
– Make sure your pet is potty trained. If you are still dealing with some accidents in your home, you may consider hiring a professional dog trainer to help you get the rest of the way there.
– Regular professional carpet cleaning is essential when you have pets living in your home. You should ideally have your carpets cleaned twice a year from a professional carpet cleaner to keep your home smelling great.
Carpet Cleaning Services & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
If it is time to have your carpet professionally cleaned, or you are having a hard time removing pet odors from your carpet after trying the methods above, you can turn to American Hometown Services to get rid of them for good. We have the experience and the equipment needed to say goodbye to pet odors once and for all. Call us today!