With any construction in progress, there is much to do, and once it is completed, there is even more yet. Following an exciting construction job, the most important part of the process is the cleaning. Understanding the specialized cleaning for construction cleanups can help make the process a little bit simpler, no matter if you are a contractor or simply doing some renovations or add-ons to your home. In an effort to help you on your endeavor, we at American Hometown Services Inc would like to share some construction cleanup tips today.
Post Construction Cleaning Checklist
Left behind at a construction site, there is quite a bit of debris and remnants, but once the project is finished, getting the building ready for its intended purpose requires extensive cleaning. To ensure the HVAC system is not compromised and that there are no residues, or particles going to blemish any of the services, a thorough cleaning is in order. To help you better to clean up after your construction, check out the list of tips below.
1) Clear out of any leftover particles and waste from the inside of drawers, cabinets, pantries, storage closets, and additional storage areas.
2) Polish up the wooden cabinetry, trim, drawers, and other wooden materials.
3) To remove the dust and debris from top to bottom in every room that includes; ceilings, walls, floors, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, light fixtures, doors, door knobs, frames, baseboards, countertops, appliances, cabinets, drawers, windows, and everything in between, be sure to thoroughly wipe down of all the surfaces.
4) Remove labels and sticky residues off appliances, ensure dust and construction debris is clean, spots off the floor, and trash removed with an overall kitchen cleaning.
5) After all surfaces are removed of debris, showers, tubs, sinks, and toilets need to be cleaned and treated accordingly, be sure to perform a comprehensive bathroom cleaning.
6) Polish up all the stainless-steel fixtures and mirrors.
7) A proper cleaning needs to be attended to the ceiling pipes, duct work, vents, light fixtures, heaters, air conditioners, and other utility lines where extreme high volumes of dust and construction particles accumulate.
8) Carpets need care with a thorough vacuuming 2-3 times over; tile and grout, hardwood floors, and linoleum. To ensure the extraction of all manners of debris from the flooring. As appropriate be sure to dust mopped, buffed, waxed, sealed, and polish the appropriate flooring.
9) Inside the nooks and crannies, be sure to clear out the debris, such as along the window tracks, sills, and frame need a thorough cleaning.
10) Dust off all of the ceiling fans and polish if necessary.
11) Remove any dirt, debris, and trash from the garage.
12) The glass and windows including, needs to be cleaned, scraped and etching to clean the glass crystal clear.
Post Construction Cleanup & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
Instead of delegating it to crew members or trying to take it on yourself, as cleaning after construction can be difficult and time consuming, call in the experienced specialists of American Hometown Services, Inc. We can get your construction site cleaned up quickly and efficiently. Our experts are well trained and have years of experience to clean after a construction project.