Many people may not realize the impact poor indoor air quality can have on their health. Often, the air you breathe inside your home is much more damaging than the air you would breathe in some of the largest cities in the U.S. Bad air quality triggers several reactions in your respiratory system that can decrease your quality of life. This may include coughing, asthma, watery eyes, shortness of breath and more. American Hometown Services is here to talk about indoor air quality and what you can do to better yours.
How Can You Improve Indoor Air Quality Standards
If your home is suffering from poor indoor air quality, there are some steps you can take to reverse the situation.
• Create Ventilation in Your Home– One of the best ways to improve indoor air quality is proper air ventilation. Open windows when weather permits so fresh air is flowing through your home. You can purchase screens for your windows that allow fresh air into your home and filter out the contaminants that you wouldn’t.
• Run the AC– Many of the contaminants in your air are water soluble. Since your AC unit removes moisture from the air, it will also remove these contaminants and improve your indoor air quality.
• Use the Right Filter in HVAC System– Choosing a HEPA filter for your HVAC system will go a long way in improving your indoor air quality. These can also be purchased as a fan that you set in the room to filter the air.
• Carpet Cleaning– Just like filters trap contaminants so they aren’t circulated throughout your HVAC system, carpet is also like a filter trapping dirt, dust and debris. Carpet can get so dirty and full of pollutants that it can no longer trap them. Professional carpet cleaning removes virtually all of the contaminants so the carpet can act as an effective filter again.
• Air Duct Cleaning– Cleaning the air ducts in your home can help improve indoor air quality by removing dirt and debris from the ductwork in your HVAC system.
• Use the Right Cleaners– Using a cleaner that is VOC free will improve air quality. Cleaning your home regularly is very beneficial for air quality if it is done with the right cleaning agents.
Improving Indoor Air Quality Will Improve Your Health
Taking these steps to improve your indoor air quality in your home really does make an impact on your health. If you get rid of these pollutants that cause irritation in your respiratory system, you will notice an almost immediate difference in the way you feel. If you have severe problems like asthma, it could take a bit longer to see drastic improvements.
Carpet, Air Duct Cleaning & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw, Marcelline, Fall Creek & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
If you are looking for a reputable company to help you with air duct cleaning, carpet cleaning as well as overall cleaning in your home to improve indoor air quality in your house, the professionals at American Hometown Services are here to help. We use safe cleaners and offer air duct cleaning to make your home a safe place for yourself and those that you love most. Call us today for more information on our cleaning services, including air duct cleaning.