Tomato based products can be a real hardship to get out of carpets and upholstery; especially marinara sauce made with oil and tomatoes. Both products are difficult to completely get out of carpets. After you have your toddler size tantrum internally, or even externally, it’s time to gird up your loins and tend to the stain.
American Hometown Services would like to relate a couple methods on cleaning and removing tomato sauce stains from your carpet and upholstery.
Method # 1 – Cleaning fresh tomato sauce carpet stains with lemon wedges.
1. Spoon up any volumes of excess tomato sauce.
2. With a sponge and cool water, gently blot up the majority of the stain from the outside towards the middle.
3. Slice a fresh lemon, and gently rub a lemon wedge into the stain.
4. Using a generous amount of water, rinse the area thoroughly with cool water.
5. With a clean, dry cloth, blot up all the moisture and allow to air dry.
Method # 2 – Removing fresh tomato sauce carpet stains using club soda.
1. With the use of a spoon or butter knife, remove the excess.
2. Pour club soda generously onto the blemished area.
3. Dampen a sponge, and firmly blot the stain while sponge absorbs the tomato sauce.
4. Use paper towels to blot up the remaining moisture.
5. For remaining stain residue, mix 2 cool cups water with 1 TBS dishwashing liquid.
6. Sponge the solution to the area, and pat up the remaining stain.
7. Paper towel blot dry liquid.
8. Rinse with a spray bottle of cool water.
9. Repeat blot dry with clean cloth or paper towels, and allow the remaining moisture to air dry.
Method # 3 – Cleaning fresh tomato sauce carpet stains with hydrogen peroxide.
1. Remove excess using a spoon or butter knife.
2. In a spray bottle, mix 3 TBS cool water to 1 TBS hydrogen peroxide.
3. Pour your mixture directly onto the stain and allow the solution to set.
4. Place an old, white towel over the area for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Once stain is lifted, rinse with cool water and blot dry.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal Notes
– Always test any products, whether it be commercial or homemade, in an inconspicuous area to ensure the chemicals will not compromise the integrity of your carpet fibers; or lighten the color.
– If you should find tomato sauce dried up on your carpet, try vacuuming what you can first. If needed, use a dull butter knife to scrape away top layer but use caution as you don’t want to damage your fibers. Vacuum again. Apply cool water to the stain and allow the area to dampen and then utilize any of the above 3 methods of your choice.
Professional Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal, Move In/Out House Cleaning, Janitorial Services, Water/Fire Damage Restoration & Mold Remediation in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri | Norman, Oklahoma
Some stains call for the big guns, and you need a professional to handle them. American Hometown Services has the experienced experts using top quality equipment with best detergents to remove most stubborn stains. Call us today to schedule your appointment or ask any questions you may have.