The kitchen seems to be the gathering place in almost every home. We all want our kitchen to be sparkly clean for food-prep sanitation. We don’t want family and friends coming and going only to see tables, counters and floors that look like they’re breeding grounds for bacteria and other germs. You may be surprised to learn that some of the toxic cleaners that you buy can make the problem worse! If you want to get rid of the germs safely and effectively, you can make cleaners at home that are easy and will keep your kitchen super clean without the use of chemicals.
Homemade Kitchen Cleaners
1. All-purpose cleaner. Take ½ cup white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda mixed together in a spray bottle with tepid water and shake well. If you don’t like the vinegar smell then you can add a few drops of essential oil that you like the smell of.
2. Liquid dish soap. Combine ½ cup warm water with 2 tsp kosher salt and stir until its totally dissolved. In another bowl, you can mix together ½ cup white vinegar, ½ cup DR. Bronner’s Sal Suds and 1 tsp lemon juice. This mixture needs to be stirred into the salt water mixture until it gets thick. You can also add essential oils.
3. Soft-scrub cleaner. Baking soda is used again for cleaning power. Mix 1 ½ cups baking soda in a bowl with ½ cup liquid laundry soap and stir together until it turns into a paste-again. You can add essential oil if you don’t like the smell. This paste can be stored in a container with a tight-fitting lid. All you need to do is add a little water and stir if it starts to dry out.
4. Disinfectant wipes. Find an empty “wipe” container or a large mason jar. Gather 15 to 20 squares of scrap fabric for the wipes and place them in the container. The cleaning solution is a mixture of 1 cup water, ¼ cup white vinegar and 8 drops of each lemon essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil and tea tree oil. After you have mixed the solution add it to the container with the scraps of cloth. They can soak until you’re ready to see them. All you need to do is wash the used ones with the laundry and reuse.
5. Dishwasher detergent. Mix together 1 cup salt, 2 cups baking soda, 2 cups Borax and 1 cup Lemi-Shine. Store this mixture in an air-tight container and add 2 tablespoons to each load for clean dishes.
6. Oven cleaner. Baking soda, vinegar and water. Take 1/2 cup baking soda mixed with 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a paste and spread it all over by rubbing it on the walls of the oven and leave it overnight. In the morning just take a spray bottle with vinegar in it and spray it all down. You’ll see a foaming action start and then just wipe it all off until it’s clean.
7. Drain cleaner. More baking soda and vinegar. If your sink is draining slowly of is a little stinky just sprinkle ¼ cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by 1/4 cup of white vinegar until it starts to bubble. Leave it for at least an hour and then run the water. Repeat as needed.
House Cleaning Services & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
If you need a little extra help to get your kitchen sparkling clean then contact American Hometown Services for professional move in and move cleaning services and much more. Contact us today!