Can Dirty Carpets Make You Sick in Troy, IL? Cleaning Bacteria, Mold & Dirt in Carpet that Attracts Insects & More

A big problem for any business, but even more so for a small business that doesn’t have the resources to take on a temp to cover the missing person’s workload, is when employees are calling in sick. There are many reasons why employees require to call in sick, but what you may not realize, is that your business’s carpeting may be the source. If the underlying issue was your office carpets, it can make anyone feel frustrated that the actions, or lack of action, was making your employees sick. Today, we at American Hometown Services would like to take the opportunity to discuss how the carpeting in your commercial space may be contributing to sick employees.

Can Carpets Be Dirty if They Look Clean

Only until they look uncomfortably filthy that most people do not give a second thought of how the carpets look, especially in commercial settings. This is a mistake that many businesses across the world make, unfortunately. Although your office carpets may look clean to the naked eye, there could be all manner of harmful things lurking in their depths is something everyone needs to know. Things that could all make your employees, and your customers ill includes mites, dust, allergens, and bacteria.

Insects are Attracted to Bacteria, Dirt & Mold in Carpet

When you consider it, the attraction these contaminate have to carpet is fairly simple. The carpet houses the sustenance for things such as bacteria, mites, and mold need. Carpets harbor the nutrients carried in from the outside world, moisture, and a surface that it can easily to attach to.

How Often Does Carpet Need to Be Vacuumed?

Especially when done each day, vacuuming helps tremendously, unfortunately, it is not enough for carpets in general, let alone commercial carpeting. You can remove up to 85% of these harmful allergens through performing daily and detailed vacuuming, however, that remaining 15% left behind starts to stack up beneath the carpet’s surface. It’s critical to reach out to the help of a professional carpet cleaning company in order to remove 100% of the bacteria, insects, dust, and mold found in carpets. It can be really gross to actually think about the filth that gets deposited onto the carpets of your business on a daily basis, including such things like human hair, dirt from the soles of shoes, dead insects, food and drink spillages, among so many other contaminates. Sufficient to tread and grind down all of this debris deep into your carpet fibers in barely one day is the foot traffic alone in a busy office.

Steam Cleaning Carpets

The best way to remove all of this deep-down dirt leaving your carpets clean and protecting your customers and employees from harmful allergens is through steam cleaning the carpets by a dependable expert. Your carpets left looking spotless and smelling fresh when a professional carpet cleaning expert cleans, sanitizes, and deodorizes the commercial carpets inside your business. Also, due to the elimination of mold and dust mites, you are likely to notice that the air is fresher in your office.

Carpet Cleaning Services & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri

In addition to creating a healthier environment, having your commercial carpets twice a year at the minimum will likely extend the life of your carpets while presenting your employees and guests with a clean space. When you need your commercial carpets properly cleaned, call on American Hometown Services and let our qualified team of professionals take care of the rest.

Call Now Button