If you have decided it’s time to make some changes to your home with a remodel, it can be an adventure. However, if you haven’t ever been part of a home remodel before, you may not be prepared for the mess that you are about to endure. Remodeling your home is no small feat. When you are getting ready to remodel your house, taking a few steps can help you minimize the dust and mess that you are about to experience. American Hometown Services is here to share some tips to help keep down the construction dust during your home remodel.
How Can Construction Dust Be Reduced?
When it comes to keeping the mess contained during a home remodel, it is going to take a little bit of forethought. Here are some of our best tips to help you keep dust under control during your remodel.
– Mask Off to Control Dust: You are going to want to use some thick plastic or tarp to mask off the space that is under construction. This will help the dust stay in that space rather than traveling around the rest of the home. You can even go one step further and tape off the opening into the construction zone.
– Ventilate: Keeping any windows or doors to the great outdoors opened will help keep the dust from settling in your home as well. Of course, this is going to depend on the time of year you are remodeling, but if it is at all possible to open windows and doors, you should take full advantage of that.
– Keep Sawdust Outside: Anything that you can do outside, you should do outside. This includes cutting any boards or other materials for the project. You would be surprised at how much sawdust is flying through the air when you are cutting wood to size. You should always try to do this outside.
– Close Air Vents: Take a minute to shut all of the HVAC vents into the space you are working in. This will help keep the dust out of your system.
– Clean to Reduce Dust: It may seem like you are wasting your time when you clean up after a hard day’s work, only to pick it back up the next day. However, taking a moment to clean up after you are done working for the day will help to keep the mess contained.
– Air Duct Cleaning: Once your remodel is finished, there is no way around it, you need to have the ducts in your home cleaned. Even when you have shut all the vents, dust has a way of infiltrating your duct system. Once that happens, the dust is blown out the vents and through the house.
Home Remodeling, Air Duct Cleaning, Post Construction Cleaning & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
At American Hometown Services, we not only take care of your home remodeling needs but we also offer air duct cleaning services as well as post construction cleanup to help you get back to normal life. We will make sure your home is clean and ready for you to enjoy. Call us today!