The amount of clutter in the lives of approximately 54% of Americans is overwhelming to say the least. As a result, people spend time and effort looking for ways to help control the clutter, enhance storage options, and find alternatives for keeping the home more organized. Once a year, spring cleaning is an annual chore many tackle, begrudgingly, to make the house less overwhelmed with the clutter. Where it can be a daunting task, there are ways you can make the spring cleaning more fun to reach your goals of decluttering, becoming more organized, and having the space you need for more important things. With this in mind we at American Hometown Services would like to offer suggestions getting the spring cleaning done with some fun.
– Selling the clutter in garage sales or online can help contribute to a vacation. Get the family involved as a promise to reach a dollar amount will result in the vacation where the family trip will be the reward for a job well done. You can better accomplish this goal by researching second hand prices for the toys that have been outgrown. Show them how much money can be earned after picking five or so toys you know they can see how much can be contributed. If nothing for the vacation fund, you can always tell them the funds can go to their wish list items.
– Decluttering scavenger hunts. Have a list of categories, for example shoes, shirts, books, toys, or other such items in the room where each family member needs to find the loot belonging in each of your categories. The first to do so is a winner, and you can determine the prize, whether if it is an item from their wish list, their pick of dinner or so on.
– A clutter free edition of let’s make a deal. An exchange of something new for the kiddos can be done if they find two to five items to part with. Start with smaller items, like a coloring book, or small insignificant toy. Once you have established the game, you can start with bigger items if you want.
– Win the prize. Either individually or split into teams, you can divide the decluttering areas, the team that does the most in a day gets to select their favorite restaurant or ice cream shop. The next the day the game continues. This tactic can help keep the kids stay motivated to clean stay on task with the spring cleaning.
– Get the playlist ready. Motivational songs can help promote high-energy and keep you engaged. When a specific artist plays with their song, every 30 minutes or so, you can tell the family they have to stop what they are doing and have a dance off. After the song ends, everyone gets back on task and keeps up with their assignments.
Move In, Move Out, One Time Deep House Cleaning & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
Where spring cleaning can be challenge for you and especially the kids, it can really help start fresh and keep your home better organized and clean. For assistance with your home cleaning, the experts of American Hometown Services can assist you. Contact us today!