When you experience a flood of any kind caused by issues such as broken pipes, leaking roofs or overflowing drains, it results in a long list of problems in your home. One particular area that it can wreak havoc on is your carpeting and area rugs. The professionals at American Hometown Services have the expertise and equipment needed to restore your carpets after you have experienced flooding and water damage in your home. Once we have finished the cleaning and deodorizing process, you wouldn’t even know that there was ever any water damage previously.
Importance of Professional Carpet Drying & Cleaning After Water Damage
The process of carpet cleaning after a flood or water damage is a very involved process. You need the professionals at American Hometown Services to handle it for you to ensure the job is done right. Cleaning carpet that has sustained water damage is as technical as it is laborious and the problems are always compounded the longer they are left without remediation. The faster we get to work to remove water and get started on our drying techniques, the better the results will be.
What to Do After a Flood
1. Turn off the water main as soon as possible.
2. Try to fix the roof damage to stop the water from leaking.
3. Stay Calm
4. Call American Hometown Services for help.
Professional Water Removal & Drying Equipment
At American Hometown Services, we have the industrial strength equipment needed when dealing with water damage and carpet cleanup. Our water extraction equipment will be able to get rid of standing water so that the cleanup and deodorizing process can get started. Our industrial strength fans have the ability to thoroughly dry your structure as well as your flooring. This is an important step in avoiding any problems caused by mold and mildew growth. Once we have completely dried the area, we can get to work on cleaning and deodorizing the carpet and upholstery in your home.
Carpet Cleaning & Deodorizing Process
Once American Hometown Services has arrived onsite, this is what you can expect out of the cleanup process.
• Assess the Damage– The first step in cleaning up after flood damage is done with a professional inspector at American Hometown Services assessing the damage. We take a look at the extent of the damage and make a plan on the best way to move forward in the cleanup process.
• Water Removal– There will likely be standing water that needs to be removed before we can get to work cleaning up the area.
• Application of an Anti-Microbial– This is an important step in avoiding the growth of mold spores, fungi or bacteria.
• Carpet Drying– Our specialized high-speed fans will be put to work drying your carpet as well as any structural damage caused by moisture.
• Cleaning & Deodorizing– There is a large amount of cleaning and deodorizing that must take place after ensuring your carpet is completely dry. American Hometown Services will leave your carpet smelling fresh and looking as if nothing ever happened.