Mold is detrimental in any home; it looks awful and unsanitary as well as trigger allergies and negatively impact your overall health. Mold generally grows in darker places, requires moisture, and feeds well on dust, which makes it difficult to find. Today, we at American Hometown Services would like to share the top common mold likely to be discovered growing in homes.
Types of Mold on Walls, Wood & More
1) Ulocladium: When compared to other common molds, Ulocladium is a rarity, but common enough to mention it grows more readily on the corners of bathrooms and kitchens but can also grow into the vents. This mold looks like a layered black substance that is more challenging to remove than it seems, typically needing the help of a trained professional.
2) Trichoderma: Constantly wet or moist areas, including ventilation covered is where Trichoderma mold usually grows. This mold looks like spores and can multiply very quickly, and this mold can be a persistent threat inside your home.
3) Stachybotrys: Over time, Stachybotrys spreads rapidly and is often found in households with a blackish substance appearance. Its distinct look can make it easy to spot and if this toxic mold makes it into the air vent, it becomes even more hazardous.
4) Mucor: Along air conditioner and air vents is attracted to the Mucor mold growth and due to the increased threat, it poses, it is better off destroyed sooner than later.
5) Fusarium: If there has been any water damage caused to various services, including air ducts, Fusarium can have certain appearances. Water damage is the recipe for this mold growth, and it will easily grow on walls and other surfaces.
6) Chaetomium: With cotton-like texture and a brown coloring, the mold’s color usually changes over time, which makes identifying it more challenging. Chaetomium mold is more likely to grow up walls but can spread into vents and the duct system.
7) Aspergillus: Aspergillus mold takes on a various form, which can make it a lot harder to identify. This mold can develop into many colors; however, it is commonly green, yellow, or white when it manifests.
8) Alternaria: Alternaria is appears a greenish or brownish velvet-like texture and a general mold that is among the top common mold types found. It can filter into the air ducts but is likely to grow in areas where water running through for a significant amount of time and on most surfaces.
9) Acremonium: Resembling much like a white powdery substance Acremonium is a toxigenic mold that continues to grow over time. This common type of mold growth occurs in damp and wet places or areas with water contact.
Mold Cleaning, Abatement, Removal, Remediation & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
Where mold is concerned, it can be very hazardous to your health, look unsightly, and accelerate the deterioration of the surface materials it is growing on. If you discover mold in your home, call American Hometown Services and our specialists will come to your home, identify the type of mold and present the most optimal solution to remove the mold from your home to keep you and your family safe. Contact us today!