The effects of dust and mold can be significantly reduced if contaminants in the air are removed from the air duct system. If you or a member of your family are sensitive to indoor air contaminants or have allergies, then clean, healthy air circulation through the home is a must. Allergies in America are at an all-time high and those that suffer from them can often find relief after the air ducts have been cleaned.
Factors that Determine How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
1. Allergies. Air ducts provide the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, mold, fungi and other allergens. These harmful contaminants and dust can be removed when air ducts are serviced. Young children are more vulnerable to these and the result can be allergies or asthma. Research shows that children between birth and the age of four who do not come into contact with asthma triggers may never develop asthma.
2. Dust. If you find that you’re constantly dusting or finding the dust you thought you got rid of back the next day, it’s probably because the dust continues to flow back into the home. This will continue until ductwork is cleaned the right way. New homes contain drywall dust and construction debris inside the ductwork before the homeowners even move in.
3. Mold. Basements are home to lots of air dust systems and basements can be wet and damp or can become flooded. This moisture can lead to mold and mildew development that will grow around the ductwork. The solution is to have an anti-microbial agent fogged into the system after the cleaning has been completed to stop future problems.
4. Pet Hair & Dander. We love our pets but their fur gets trapped in the vents and starts fungus, living germs and allergy-causing bacteria to start building up. Pet dander can be present from previous owners and can cause problems for new homeowners. This fur and dander can also make it harder for the HVAC system to work because clumps of hair will restrict and/or slow down the flow or air through the whole system.
5. HVAC Efficiency. Dust, hair, pests and other airborne pollutants that build up over the years will have an effect on the flow of air in the system. When air ducts cleaned it will promote the correct airflow that is required for the HVAC system to work in tip-top condition. Pets that don’t make their way back outside will oftentimes die inside the air duct system and can be flushed out with a thorough cleaning. The motors and fans that power the furnace will not need to work as hard when dirt and debris have been removed.
Hire a Professional Air Duct Cleaning Company
It’s best to hire professionals to clean your air ducts. If it’s not done the right way and inadequate equipment is used, more dust, dirt and other contaminants can buildup and there will be more than there was before. If the system is damaged it can lead to future problems with your heating and cooling system or may need to pay for difficult and costly repairs or replacements.
Air Duct Cleaning & More in Quincy, Macomb, Hamilton, Warsaw, Marcelline, Fall Creek & East Alton Illinois | Hannibal, Missouri
Routine air duct cleaning is important. Doing so will have your home maintained correctly and it will improve the air quality in the home too. Contact American Hometown Services to schedule an appointment today.